Portrait image is a frequently explored graphic design subject. Every face is a universe of emotions that often inspire artists to turn them into a personal piece. Sometimes designers work on existing images of someone/something, in other cases they create a face from nothing (painting or using a 3d software). Today I collected 30 beautiful portraits realized by some of the best graphic designers all over the world.
deviantart.com is the most famous place to find amazing digital art pieces created by many professional graphic designers. we are going to list 30 most amazing digital art compositions featuring hand; these are perfect inspirational material for the most of the graphic designers out there. So be careful and get the maximum outcome from these art pieces and tell us which one is your favorite one?
Google Doodles: Anniversaries & Birthdays for Inspiration
Today we have showcase famous Google doodles that were presented during 13 years and are dedicated to anniversaries and birthdays of famous people and famous inventions. I suppose that this collection is a good source of inspiration for those who can briefly illustrate events and, of course, for other talented people.
4. Jim Henson’s 75th Birthday – (Global) was an American puppeteer best known as the creator of The Muppets.
7. 120th Birthday of Mikhail Bulgakov – (Russia) He was a Soviet Russian writer and playwright active in the first half of the 20th century. He is best known for his novel The Master and Margarita, which The Times of London has called one of the masterpieces of the 20th century
11. Thomas Edison’s Birthday. He was an American inventor and businessman. He developed many devices that greatly influenced life around the world.Thomas Edison\’s Birthday
12. Jules Verne’s 183rd Birthday. He was a French author who pioneered the science fiction genre
13. Cezanne’s 172nd Birthday. He was a French artist and Post-Impressionist painter whose work laid the foundations of the transition from the 19th century conception of artistic endeavour to a new and radically different world of art in the 20th century.
19. 25th Anniversary of Buckyball25th Anniversary of Buckyball
26. 170th Birthday of Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. He was a Russian composer of the Romantic era.
35. Samuel Morse’s Birthday. He was an American contributor to the invention of a single-wire telegraph system based on European telegraphs, co-inventor of the Morse code, and an accomplished painter.
37. Giovanni Schiaparelli’s Birthday. He was an Italian astronomer and science historian.
38. 1000 Years of The Tale of Genji – (Japan) It is a classic work of Japanese literature attributed to the Japanese noblewoman Murasaki Shikibu in the early 11th century, around the peak of the Heian period.
43. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Birthday. He was a Scottish physician and writer, most noted for his stories about the detective Sherlock Holmes, generally considered a milestone in the field of crime fiction, and for the adventures of Professor Challenger.
47. Leonardo Da Vinci’s Birthday. He was an Italian Renaissance polymath: painter, sculptor, architect, musician, scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist and writer whose genius, perhaps more than that of any other figure, epitomized the Renaissance humanist ideal.
48. Vincent Van Gogh’s Birthday. He was a Dutch post-Impressionist painter whose work, notable for its rough beauty, emotional honesty, and bold color, had a far-reaching influence on 20th-century art
Web Design Inspiration :: Using shapes
Every website is created by means of grid. Since it is so much simpler to design on the web using boxes and hard angles, all you need to do is create invisible rectangle in which you can easily put any kind of information. But nowadays this kind of presentation becomes really boring. Designers try to find new, more sophisticated methods to draw user`s attention.
One way is to change regular shapes and use something unusual, for example, circles that, by the way, were recognized as a web design trend of 2011.
So you don`t have to invent outrageous design or animation you can simply manipulate with tools that you`ve been given by HTML/CSS/Jquery. As a result, your website will be out of the ordinary, light and fast.
You can use any kind of shapes
- Oval shapes
- Hexagons, heart-shaped and other
Everything is going to work all right.
Today we are posting 32 examples of websites using different kinds of shapes so you can compare, contrast and find some inspiration .
3. Teo Skaffa
2. Dan Viveiros
1. Monella Font
6. Joel Reed
1. Anet Design
3. Paul Goode
4. Spyll Paints
1. Made by Zeki
7. Rui Velocci
Magazines are the source of information related to daily routine works and global information as well. We all have gone through many magazines of our interest, but have we ever noticed their covers? Answer might be yes for most of you out there, but here we are talking about the creativity elements spread all over to these covers. These magazine covers can be precious in terms of inspiration for any graphic designers. Very few of high quality information provider magazines got succeeded to put some impact upon readers.
Today, we will illustrate some famous magazines which are the symbols of great inspiration by their graphically superb cover designs i.e. Computer Arts, TNHB Magazine, BE, JOiA Magazine etc.